Friday, May 28, 2010

My Top 5 Favorite Quotes by Socrates


1. As to marriage or celibacy, let a man take which course he will, he will be sure to repent.

2. By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.

3.
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.

4. I decided that it was not wisdom that enabled poets to write their poetry, but a kind of instinct or inspiration, such as you find in seers and prophets who deliver all their sublime messages without knowing in the least what they mean.

5.
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.

These are my FAVORITES of all favorites from this great man. Socrates just said too many great things which would be difficult to put all up in this blog.

What are YOUR favorites quotes from Socrates?

No comments:

Post a Comment