Monday, May 31, 2010

Journey


Once a man traveling great distance, weary of the day´s travel stopped at a near by house and ask the home owner to spend one night to rest.

"Why, of course, you are most welcomed!" answered the home owner and invited the traveler inside.

"Thank you, kind sir, " said the traveler as he walked in.

The traveler put his small sack on the floor and the home owner said,
"I see you do not carry much."

"Indeed," replied the traveler, "I am on a journey, I can not pack so many things for that will slow me down and complicate my journey."

The traveler looked around the house, which was almost empty and also commented,
"I see that you also do not posses much."

"Aye, very true."

"Is there a reason for this?" asked the traveler and the home owner replied,
"I am also on a journey, just like you my son, my journey is the journey of LIFE!"

This is a great story, I believe, that sets a very good example of the importance of not consuming everything we see in the media and live a more stress-free life and to enjoy more "space" in own´s home, which creates a more positive flow of energy according to Feng Shui.

Are you constantly buying things you do not need or use often?
Are the things you buy REALLY necessary?
How are you with your journey of life?
What do you think about this lovely story? I would love to hear your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment